Friday 29 July 2011

✎ There Is No Dog - Meg Rosoff

For those of you who didn't know, Meg Rosoff is one of my favorite Authors and I'm excited to announce that her fifth book is about to be released.

I've been a fan of Meg's since I found 'How I Live Now' when it was first released in a local WH Smiths. I read the blurb and decided to take it home with me, and boy am i glad i did. The book opened up a whole new reading world to me, one in which I could truly for once see myself as being able to become an author, writing the stories i wanted to write whereas before I fobbed it off as only a pipe dream.
That book was inspirational. Since then I've really branched out on what I will read and no longer consider YA fiction as my go-to genre. I'll give so many more great pieces of art my time and even the not so great ones, yet i still enjoy the experience. I know this is a lot to put onto one book, but if there is one book which changes a persons attitude to reading, for me 'How I Live Now' was it.


As for her latest release it promises to make you ponder and realise new perspectives once more and I for one can't wait...

In the beginning, Bob created the heaven and the earth and the beasts of the field and the creatures of the sea, and twenty-five million other species (including lots of fanciable girls).
But mostly he prefers eating junk food and leaving his dirty clothes in a mouldering heap at the side of his bed.

When Bob plays with mortals, millions die. And every time he falls in love, earth erupts in natural disasters. So humankind is going to be very sorry indeed he ever ran into a beautiful, completely irresistible girl called Lucy . . .
Out August 4th
Buy Here

No comments:

Post a Comment